Apply by telling us how you’ll revolutionize an existing market or create a new one. It can be as simple as a problem statement and an explanation of your solution. We’ll help you formulate the pitch deck and business plan later. You bring your idea, we help you do the rest. Apply today.
No. We have a rolling admission process and do not have a lock-step or “class” system. Your application will be reviewed as soon as it’s received.
In today’s investment climate, it’s challenging to find investment opportunities for core technologies. In fact, SKTA Innopartners is one of the few investors devoted to seeding and accelerating core technologies.
As an entrepreneur, you need the resources and support to develop your idea. In exchange for equity, we provide capital and development resources, including collaboration with closely aligned Strategic Partners and VC’s. You’ll get the most up- to- date process parameters, state -of- the-art IP, and insight into inflection points for both the market and technology. Learn more about what we offer.
We can provide seed funding up to $1M in a combination of working capital, professional services (e.g. legal and financial), development tools, state of the art space, and program management support. We’ll work with you to determine the appropriate funding amount for the milestones that need to be achieved during the incubation period.
Absolutely! We are more than happy to co-invest with angel investors as well as venture capital firms. However, Innopartners are limited to investing only in seed stage companies. For follow-on investments, SKTVC would need to be contacted.
No. We’re focused on funding seed stage companies. If you are seeking later stage funding, like a Series A, then you should work through SKTVC.
It depends. The timeline for funding can vary drastically, depending on the interest of a Strategic Partner. We can provide a more definitive time line once we’ve discussed the concept with the Strategic Partner.
We’re not a traditional VC so we are not as motivated by financial returns. We are looking for entrepreneurs who want to create new industries or revolutionize existing markets. What we expect from you is a great idea that solves an industry problem and an explanation of how your concept fixes the problem.
We see a lot of pitches and engage with a lot of entrepreneurs. Our ability to maintain confidentiality is paramount to our continued success. No one will share their idea with us if there is even a hint that we are misappropriating IP. However, because we see so many ideas in our areas of interest, it is not feasible for us to sign NDAs.
Our Strategic Partners are industry leaders. They are open-minded and committed to accelerating startups through the seed phase by providing market guidance, technical development expertise, and funding at the appropriate time. View Strategic Partners.
Our areas of Interest include but not limited to below:
We’d prefer the startups to be located within the Innovation Center. However, exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis. Apply today.
Congratulations! Here’s the process:
- We’ll help you create an account with Silicon Valley Bank (SVB).
- Once the account is created, we’ll wire your working capital to SVB.
- Our financial accounting firm will help you establish an account on ADP and automate payroll. They will help you conform your cap table to industry standards, and they will maintain your books while you’re in the Accelerator.
- Our HR department will help you find an insurance provider for your business and employees.
- An experienced Program Manager will be assigned to help you set, track and report your progress.
- If necessary, our Advisors in Residence may help you attract new talent to round out your team.
- When necessary, we’ll arrange for an IP attorney to prosecute your patents.
- When needed, we’ll arrange for development tools.
- Seasoned Business Development professionals will help you refine your business plan and pitch deck, introduce you to top tier VC’s, and help you secure funding when you’re ready to graduate from the Accelerator.